Friday, December 5, 2014

JOY-FULL

What makes you joyful?  Touches your heart?  Sparks a smile, a laugh, a memory, an inspiration?

*" 'It is not joy that makes us grateful, it is gratitude that makes us joyful.' "


** Last night a written message came over the TV, I perked up when I read the word JOYFUL in very large print!  I contemplated back over my day.  When had I felt the greatest joy?


Hands Down Joy:  a painting session, brought me back in touch with my first love, painting portraits of animals.  I picked up slender long handled brushes and carefully brushed in tiny hair strokes on muzzles. Then I added a shiny highlighted look to sleek black coats.  I felt DEEP joy, gratitude, relaxation, and pride of accomplishment...SOUL DEEP.  I realized that this experience is also a meditative moment and memory timeline.  I never realized this before?  An "Ah Ha" moment is here.  I felt unseen guides' suggestions including, "Time to Quit!"

 I remember one of my artist friends told me, "There is nothing like painting, nothing even comes close...."  I smiled~


 Sunrise~Sunset a Tai Chi Moment



***  Later, I listened to a guided meditation, Miraculous Esteem, picked out at random from the Cd collection.  I chose to practice Tai Chi while listening to the spoken messages followed by mantra and quiet music time.  Great Joy and Relaxation is hear and now!  Meditation in Motion is combined with freedom, gratitude, abundance of heart, inner happiness and peace.   

Other sources of Joy Today:
Interaction with family, friends, and pets
Looking out the window and noting the changing light
Enjoyment of simple yet nutrient rich food
Restful Sleep


"Three Deep Breaths and A Smile," Rudi Tanzi, Ph. D


Resources:
* Debra Basham, CHTP, NLP, HTt, RMT, Finding Joy in the Journey, blog post Yellow Brick Road, Your Path to Heart and Health, Dec 3, 2014
Quote from Gratefulness, the Heart of Prayer by Brother David Steindl-Rast

** OWN Oprah Winfrey Network, TV and online programs, variety of topics.

Deepak Chopra, M.D. and Oprah Winfrey, 21 Day Meditation Experiences, Chopra Center Meditation online.  The Future of God, new book by Deepak Chopra.

Super Brain, book by Deepak Chopra, M. D., and Rudi Tanzi, Ph. D. 


Dahlis Roy:  Visionary Artist. Author, and Tai Chi Instructor

Oil painting by Dahlis Sunrise/Sunset, the sun is Yin and Yang symbol, playing with light and color