Friday, September 6, 2013

WOLF VISION

He came out of the mist and became a strong, clear vision 






*  I saw an image of a young male wolf in the silent section of a guided meditation.  He was alertly lounging on layers of rock.  He seemed restless, anxious as he looked back over his shoulder.  His claws dug into the rock ledge, ready to spring into retreat or assertiveness in seconds.  Like a cat, his ears were pointed in two different directions:  listening, waiting, watching.  "He sees, He Knows...."

There were only two colors in the painted vision.  The black and tan wolf and the dark golden ochre background, the color of natural oak wood.  The vision looked like black ink brushed over a wooden surface.  

After the meditation, I came slowly back into full consciousness.  Wolf Vision begged for paint.


**  Wolves are teachers.  He had floated into my quiet mind to teach me. 

"What?"

"Relaxed Alertness"


Relaxed Alertness is a good description of Tai Chi practice.
Then my mind drifted into Tai Chi meditation/exercise. 

***  In Tai Chi "Become like a Young Kitten," Jou, Tsung Hwa's words came in clear.

 A kitten is so playful and curious!   Her mischievous shoe button eyes open wide with wonder as she chases a butterfly.

Then I smiled as I recalled Master Jou's description of the mother cat teaching her young.  The older cat's reflexes are slower than her kittens' scattered actions but she has wisdom and knowledge to teach them how to hunt and lessons for survival.  


The young wolf in the vision is like our Tomcat poised to spring at the slightest hint of danger.  I noticed this as Tom ate his meal on his cat counter, his hind claws "dug" into the quartz as he prepared for possible fight or flight, even in his home as in the wild.


Vision Accomplished:
After the meditation, I "found" a small canvas already painted with the thick slashes of golden ochre oil paint!  I had stashed this away years ago and forgotten it!  This is the exact background I had seen in my mind picture.  Eagerly I brushed in the wolf and rocks with quick strong strokes and black oil paint, "painted" in ink brush style.

Painting completed, I stepped back to inspect the results.  In the speckled afternoon sunlight, I noticed "golden halos" surrounding figures or objects.  One friend saw a Big City in the full view painting above.  The photo below shows detail.

What do you see?





"What Is My Life Challenge?  To Be Myself," 
How to Know God, Deepak Chopra, M.D.



Key Words:  Story Title or Wolf, Cat, Tai Chi, Meditation 

Related Posts
Winter Wolf
Stars and Snow, Spirit of Phoebe
What Kind of Animal Are You? Escape Artists
Silent Runner 
Intuitive Teachers 
Thin Ice 
Mrs. Harris is a Sand Cat 
The Invisible Cheetah 

Resources:
Deepak Chopra, M.D. meditation

** Ted Andrews Animal Speak

Jou, Tsung Hwa, Tai Chi Master, Author, The Tao of Taijiquan, The Tao of Meditation and more 

B


Dahlis Roy:  Visionary Artist, Author, and Tai Chi Instructor


Painting by Dahlis:
Wolf Vision full view and close up