Saturday, June 29, 2013

TWO SATURDAYS

"A sound like water came from the mountains.  It was the wind in the forest,"  
John Giono The Man Who Planted Trees




Milded exclaimed, "I wish there were two Saturdays in every week!"

"Yeah, me too!"

Once a week or more I try to gather with friends at local restaurants.  Our groups or one on one conversations give us mini-vacations, a freedom from care....The Great Escape!  

We bring to the table ideas, books, dreams, hopes, plans:  enjoyment of life.

We share stories.  * "Strories that help me understand what it is to be alive on this Earth."

We leave for home or other committments, relaxed, refreshed, and energized.


*  "One thing I've learned from the life I've lived: The world can only be saved by one man or woman putting a seed in the ground or a story in someone's head or a book in someone's hands."





Resources:  
Song of the Day: Two of Us by John Lennon and Paul McCartney from Let It Be Album

*A Cafecito Story by Julia Alvarez, stunning woodcuts by Belkis Ramirez

dahlis.roy@gmail.com  Visionary Artist, Author, and Tai Chi Instructor, free PDF E-book, Silver Butterfly, Create A Vision, Awaken Your Creativity

Photos:
White Spruce with Cones, photo by Paul
Rainbow Butterfly, light in my hands, photo by Rob