Friday, February 25, 2011

DEER DREAMER


 Sifting through a stack of sketches, I pulled out a young deer

Then I had a dream.... 

I was in a white mist body, a human-like form.  Wandering through a forest dark with a canopy of tall pine trees, I could smell the forest green and feel the thick carpet of pine needles.  I came upon a young female deer, just after her first winter.  She was curled up in a thicket.  She was in perfect health.  I thought of the Bambi movie!  I saw flashes of cartoon Bambi in front of me and all around me.  I was trance-ported back to my early years of studying and learning to draw animals.  My heart "smiled."

Then I walked-in to the sleeping deer body.  I merged softly, blending into the deer and especially feeling her sharp black hoofs and short coat of grey-brown.  I became the deer and settled comfortably into the energy of the young one.

The young doe woke up slowly, got up and stretched as the first peeks of morning gold filtered into the tree tops.  Golden rays touched me.  I felt whole, balanced and in perfect harmony with nature.  Standing in stillness like a tree, I looked around with wonder.

Then I bounded up as deer do, leaping and springing up gracefully pushing all four hooves into the Earth and becoming airborne with joy.  I felt my wet nose and looked through windows of wide set dark sparkling eyes.  

As I took off, I became mist again and faded into invisibility!  Bright sunshine and multicolors enveloped me.  I felt Celtic hero Oisin, The White Stag, all around me.

I woke smiling and relaxed.  Oh, it was such a gentle dream~
                                       becoming a deer!


"The ordinary is the extraordinary,"  Qigong Master Wang Xiang Zhai



The Way of Qigong, The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing by Kenneth S. Cohen  The Five Animal Frolics include Crane, Bear, Monkey, Deer, and Tiger

The Dao of Taijiquan, Way to Rejuvenation by Jou, Tsung Hwa  Five Treasures of Shaolin Temple the five quan:  Dragon, Tiger, Leopard, Snake, and Crane

Bambi, Walt Disney Productions, feature full length animated movie