Monday, July 30, 2018

GRASS FORMING SEEDS


Seeds of Intention

I typed "Align" a few minutes ago....and then my post vanished....I'll start again....

I love watching grass grow.  When I was young I pretended the tall stalks were trees in the forest.  I liked visiting the forest with my parents for a nature walk.  Signs posted pointed out "silver maple" "paper birch" "quaking aspen," and outcrops of rock formations like "strata" and "granite" and more.  I learned and studied.

 At home, enjoying my grass forest on a hillside, I'd take my small plastic farm animals out for a treat.  I had horses and cows, pigs, and sheep, each individually painted to resemble various breeds.  There were farm collies hand painted with various coat colors.  My Dad help me choose the right paint and taught me how to apply it to the small plastic figures.  What fun!  

"Align"  




Oak Seedling with Photographer


Seeds of Attention

What are intentions and attentions?  Learning to pay attention is focusing and completing a project.  Small steps can be taken not a always in chronological order.  Seedlings need energy and nutrients to nurture and achieve growth.

Playing Mantis


Creative play with line, color, words, or fabrics becomes effortless creation.  Stimulating and focusing on completing any chosen project brings pride of accomplishment.  "Scheduling" some solitary time may be needed for personal contemplation away from distractions.

*  "Rest into the silence of your true self." 



Imagination






What is imagination?  How does it happen?  Or not happen?  

When I view the above photo, many animal shapes appear as if by magic.  All kinds of animals, wild and domestic present themselves!   

Some time ago, sunlight danced and flickered across a tree trunk in our yard. "Look at that  there are animal shapes all over the trunk.  I've never seen that kind of thing before!" 

"When the doors of perception are opened...." William Blake, poet, artist


* "My intention holds the key to fulfillment."   




Blog Search Key Words:  Green, Imagination, Creativity, Intention, Attention

Resources:
Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey, 21 Day Meditation Experiences (various topics).  Quotes from The Energy of Attraction, July 2018.  chopracentermeditation online, some free lessons and some for purchase.  Discover your inner nature and encourage positive change.

** William Blake:  The Seer and His Visions, Milton Klonskey
William Blake Selected Poems, Gramercy Books




Dahlis Roy:  Visionary Artist, Author, and Tai Chi Instructor 

Photo Images
Grass Forming Seeds, photo by Dahlis
Oak Seedling with Photographer, photo by Paul, published with permission
Playing Mantis, Photo by Paul, published with permission

Rock Formations, forest and stream by Zoe, published with permission