Thursday, July 12, 2018

DREAMSCAPES




Landscapes  *  Seascapes  *  Skyscapes  *  Dreamscapes

The Great Escapes!


Dream Big!



Did you ever have a dream?  a script? a sample of handwriting? a picture? music in your "memory," and then you spontaneously saw it on TV/phone/tablet/other device?  Seeing, feeling, or hearing these bits connect the dots for other discoveries in imagination and in "real time" as well!  Forming a "whole new" insight or your next adventure...or project.

Dreamscapes can be like impressionist paintings, or crystal clear, a dark night sprinkled with stars, a quiet beach walk, a stormy sky....


After a time of sitting still with eyes closed, did the walls ever change color?  Example, gold, green, lime green, blue, or other?

Crystal Clarity~color and light

Dream On

Dance and Sing out loud or sit quietly and listen to music at very low volume.  Choose music to fit your mood and needs:  Peppy or Relaxed?



I have visual dream sequences.   Snips of full color scenes, sort of like clips from music videos or movies appear.

Deams are usually  very calming to listen to, to view, and to feel a quiet presence... even receive advice or solutions to a situation.


Favorite activities "time" permitting is to listen to music alone at home and sing and dance.   I like the "alone" part best~






A dream for all seasons~

As I watched my dream, a mind movie:  Summer and autumn turned to blue winter.  Chill and ice water streets appeared in a big city.  I felt New York.  I was a clothing designer in this scene.  I had done fashion sketches in my younger years and studied the big pattern books from noted companies like Vogue.  My Mom and I loved fashion and watched fashion clips on TV.  We watched Edith Head talk about design. I devoured her book, The Dress Doctor avidly.  Edith wrote in pictures, such as soft grey mist of this fabric reminds me of sunlight breaking through a winter dawn.  I loved Edith's simple sketches and tried to copy the stark style and edgy look.    

In the dream I flashed backed to a time I considered design, but then (alas) I loathed sewing, a needed skill for fashion, piecing, drape of fabric etc.  

Painting and writing came easily.  I chose wisely~

In the dream, a winter blast of chilly wind swept through us as we entered a sparse ice cold building.  The door into the interior and walls were painted cerulean blue, blue door electric blue, old wood....  






There was a flight of stairs upward and a landing.  A younger friend and I both sprinted up the slick stairs as quickly as possible.  I wore a black wool winter long coat and black warm gloves.  I had an electric blue winter scarf, hand knit to add to the warmth.  I wore a black suit, black flat shoes and a simple style white satiny blouse with pearl buttons.  My young friend wore a warm autumn leaf brown jackcet, faded jeans, grey elf boots, and a subtle colored ocean blue/greenish cap and sweater hand knit to match.  

Fun and enjoyable!

We roared with laughter and giggled as we unbolted and opened the next large rough hewn blue door!    

The room was dark, except for foggy winter silver light that poured in through the only window directly in front of us.  The solid wood floors, worn smooth with sun and footsteps, greeted us. 

To our left were racks and racks of clothes, all colors, all styles, all types, "all."  No shoes were present.

I noticed behind the clothing displays were large cameras and lighting ready and waiting to shoot photos I knew I would be the photographe for the photo shoot.

The young girl's boundless energy continued on as she tried on everything from gowns with sparkles of every sort to costumes from various countries, masks, hats, gloves, hair and make up changes.  

Purring right along~Feline!

When I woke up I felt happy and energized.  A "Yes" event to reflect about and enter the day ahead.


Dreams~the greatest escape~


House Dreams
Other times I have house dream were I visit older houses from my "past" complete with furniture and utensils.  There are no people present in these dreams. Houses in various locations and styles appear.

Light House
One of my personally favorite house dream was a simple light filled home with blond wooden floors and cream colored walls.  There was no furniture, no appliances, no paintings on the walls.  I loved it!  "No-Thing-Ness"

Dinner Dreams
Have you ever had dinner with a celebrity you like along with family and friends of all ages? 




Painting and Drawing Dreams
Alone or with groups of people painting and drawing together.  In color and black and white, in clarity or cartoon forms, unbounded inspiration comes.




I feel free and clear~until I wake. 


As you approach bedtime, intend a gentle night with positive dreams providing restorative sleep.


New Day:
* "Approach Today Gently...."  Deepak Chopra 




Dream Journal:  Explore Your Inner Self

** Schedule a Creative Time, just for you, at least once a week, an "Artist Date"  This week I am enjoying writing this story~ "free form style.".  



Blog Search Key Words:   Meditation, Dreams 

Resources
Vogue Magazine, Elle, interviews and photo shoots, books of patterns and designs, Vogue Knitting, Knit and Crochet Now

+ Edith Head, fashion icon designer, award winner, The Dress Doctor 

 * Deepak Chopra, MD, author, spiritual teacher:  Chopra Center Meditation

** Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way, ("Artist Date") Vein of Gold, The Writing Life


Dahlis Roy:  Visionary Artist Author and Tai Chi Instructor


Images
Out of the Blue, oil painting by Dahlis dream painting
Sparkles of Light, photo by Paul, published with permission
Legend of the White Stag, detail of oil painting by Dahlis
Cheesecake, New York Style photo by Dahlis
Dream Pony, little night drawings, ink sketch by Dahlis