Saturday, June 25, 2022

ANGEL CAT

 * ANGEL CAT STORY #444

** "I AM YOUR ANGEL"


Years before Mrs. Harris was born, I painted an orange cat looking into a mirror and viewing and angel looking back.  


Mrs. Harris?  How did she get her name?


We chose the kitty at three weeks of age.  She chose us by chewing on my shoelaces!  Three weeks later we went back to pick up the kitten.  Meanwhile I had a dream, a young orange cat was snoozing in my lap.  A friend asked me, "What is the name of the cat?

In the dream, I replied, "The name of the cat is Mrs. Harris."

And so she is.

" Mrs. Harris is adorable, she is also ferocious" so began a scribbled story of the kitten as we sat outdoors in the green grass.  I hurried to send the story to Shirley MacLaine's Pet Pages section on her web site. She chose my story, Welcoming Mrs. Harris, as the winner of the month!  Shirley, author, dancer, actress, animal lover sent me an autographed photo of herself and Terry, her Rat Terrier furry friend. 

I loved online writing!  And so began many stories and experiences like Silver Butterfly Create a Vision, and this Blog (since 2010) Out of the Blue!

Mrs. Harris and I are both "loners."  We like to be alone so we can sort out our thoughts.  We like peace and quiet.  We became roommates in the Art Room" where I am now, writing away with joy (alone).  Mrs. Harris is also like me, very assertive.  We want our way "now!" If I brought a snack in Mrs. Harris wanted to help me eat it!  

Mrs. Harris and I love heavy whipping cream!  Our only other cat to eat cream was our large grey cat Tom.  Every day, twice a day, I would take Mrs. Harris a small bowl of cream, morning and evening.  

Mrs. Harris also loves the keyboard and tried to help me type. Mrs, Harris, a champion jumper, leaped skillfully to the top of my mom's ancient china cupboard.  She would also launch herself onto a chair then up to the middle bookcase, and reach her peek height at the top of the highest blond wood bookcase. Her Watchful Lookout!  

"Look Out!"  Her face was near the top of the door into the art room.  Paws ready to "swipe" and maybe a hiss of warning to any "intruder" entering HER SPACE.

                                        MY SPACE MY WAY She Thunders!


As nearly 20 short years drifted by, Mrs. Harris gradually became weary.  However!  She kept "growing" and enjoying cat social life joining the other older kitchen cats, Sancat and Sasha. as all three of them sometimes together or accompanied by other cat family friends, and human watchers helping then :

                                         DISCOVERED 

"ALL IS PAWSIBLE! Going Down the steps by yourself: 

Then, PAWS ON GRASS! 

PAWS ON CONCRETE PATIO feel the warmth! 

PAWS EXPLORE GARDEN AND TREES!  Sniff those flowers!  See those leaves! 

HIDE UNDER A FUR TREE! Even more fun. 

When you have had a romp, 

CLIMB BACK UP THE STAIRS YOURSELF!


FURRY FRIENDS ARE FAMILY MRMBERS

They like to feel independent and develop self-confidence just like we do.


Gradually: "I am Your Angel" became a reality, peacefully.


Related Posts Featuring Mrs. Harris

Welcoming Mrs. Harris, first published July 2002 (Shirley MacLaine's Pet Pages) on web site and her free online newsletter update ongoing ShirleyGram), Shirley is A visionary thinker, writer, actress, dancer multidimensional believer and Author of book Out on A Limb (1983) Published on this blog 2011 with permission from Shirley MacLaine

* "I am Your Angel" (July 13 2011)

Mrs. Harris is a Sand Cat (May 14, 2012) Sand Cats are small (4 pound) sand colored cats that live in the high Sahara desert.  They dig dens in the sand, are nocturnal, and may life in rock dens.'

Rejuvenate (Aug 3, 2016)  Mrs. Harris feels weak and weary, how did she spring back to full life?

** Angel Cat June 25, 2022 (story # 444)! This number was unplanned!


Resources: 

NOTE: 444 on a clock, watch, etc. can remind us, day/night that Angels Are Near!

Blog Post Magic Numbers

Sue Broome, Angel Communicator, author, journals, Empowerment 4 You, online talks and more

Book Paintbrush in Paris "The Artistic Adventures of an (Orange) American Cat in Paris Story and Illustrations by jill Butler, Workman Publishing, new your 1994


Dahlis Roy: Visionary Artist, Author, Photographer, and Tai Chi Instructor (retired)


Images:

"I am Your Angel" oil painting of Mrs. Harris before she was born.

Kitty Kitty Mrs. Harris arriving in her back yard at 6 weeks of age, Welcome Mrs. Harris!