Wednesday, March 18, 2020

WIDER SHADE OF PALE



Recently I was watching and relaxing to music, *The British Beat starring talents of the 60's.  I saw some scenes of Herman Hermits, Listen People; Jerry and the Pacemakers, Ferry Cross the Mersey;  and the The Zombies, It's the Time of the Season.

Rewinding seasons and memories of my life is fun and enjoyable! 

And then I hit Proco Harem's A Whiter Shade of Pale.  

What?  As the captioned words ran passed my eyes, I thought:  "It's really a Whiter Shade of Pale?"

I  always thought it was a "wider" shade of pale!  Like wide brushstrokes across a canvas, painting in a faint sky.


Words are always my "last" go-to as pictures come in first....


There was another song, Knight's in White Satin or was it "Nights" in White Satin?  I am not sure, I was daydreaming by then....



Later I watched **Fred Rogers' interview Alan Watts, a classical pianist.  Paraphrasing Alan:  Sometimes I close my eyes.  Imagination and concentration increase and take away distractions. 

Mr. Rogers added "It's as if sometimes you're someplace else."

"Do you surprise yourself when your're playing?" 


"Just like painting!" I thought~  

The painting or photograph has a mind of its own, and sometimes the surprises in color, light, and line are quite welcome and spontaneous~

Music encourages waves of sounds, moods, and feelings.  I write and paint with musical backgrounds~ 


Just yesterday I heard the old song, Ghost Riders in the Sky.  When I was a child I was convinced it was Ghost Writers in the Sky!






The blank canvas is always inviting, "A Wider Shade of Pale...."



***"Today I intend a joyful, energetic, and creative day~"


Resources:
*British Beat, PBS TV, Hits of the 1960's, new footage

**Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, 1987, WQED Pittsburgh, PA, Family Communications

*** Meditations:  Deepak Chopra, M.D. chopracentermeditation

Tai Chi for Health Institute, Dr. Paul Lam

Dr. Yang, Jwing-ming, YMAA.com  Tai Chi, Qigong

Yoga, Peggy Cappy, Stress Relief Restorative Yoga. PBS TV

Music: A Whiter Shade of Pale, Proco Harem




Dahlis Roy:  Visionary Artist, Author, and Tai Chi Instructor


Photos by Dahlis
Circles of Light
Blue and Turquoise Light
The White Triangle