Wednesday, November 27, 2019

REST RESET REFLECT

What is "rest?"  I ask myself.  Traveling through light and time with a mile-a minute mind reminds me of the Cheetah running at top speed, zero to 60 mph in seconds flat.  But the Cheetah doesn't run very far at a time.  Rest comes quickly, the Cheetah is not a stamina runner.  A cool shady bush if near will do for a reset of the body-mind-spirit.


Leftover Paint paints the Cheetah

What is "leftover paint?" That's paint left on the palette after a painting session ends.  I just pick up the remaining paint and apply it to another canvas...."to be finished later."  Some of the most interesting pictures develop from leftover paint.  It is a type of "reset" and even "reflection" to come into wholeness in a future moment of unplanned creativity.
Painting is my comfort zone.

And now the year in winding down again toward new beginnings, changes, and wonders.

Can I Op Out of the mad rush for "faster, faster, faster" and come to a moment of slow down and needed rest?   "Every moment is a chance to reset and relax.  Every moment, I can change my thoughts to include kindness and empathy."

Outer Reality/Inner Reality/Unbounded Reality are moments and mirrors for reflection and contemplation.  An unlimited path of possibilities awaits as I reflect, "waiting impatiently."


Running with the Cheetah


What am I thankful for "Today?"  I am thankful to be here "just as I am."  

Friends through the years speak:

"I honor my sacred journey, I honor the sacred journey of others."

"I keep you warm in my heart."

"The universe works differently than is commonly supposed."

"Let the petals of your life unfold like a rose opening, one at a time and each in perfect order."

"Every Life Matters."

Rest Reset Reflect


Dahlis Roy:  Visionary Artist, Author, and Tai Chi Instructor

Oil paintings by Dahlis:
Cheetah Image
The White Sun, dream, running with the Cheetah