Saturday, February 11, 2012

CREATIVE LOVE







Hand Made
When I was eight years old my Mom and I shopped for dry goods, "fabrics."  Connie, my Mom, saw a fascinating pattern in a  magazine.   Connie was very ceative with sewing, knitting, design, and music.  We selected bright red felt and lace trim!  I helped trace the large hearts and smaller heart shapes from cardboard templates onto the oh so soft crimson felt.  Slowly and carefully, I cut out the felt hearts! 

Play Time
Then I played with my plastic model horses and dogs while my Mom began piecing together and hand stitching the completed Valentine heart-gifts.  When you lifted up the smaller heart, pictures cut from magazines or family photos could be tucked inside a small cut out area and given or sent as gifts for friends and family. 

Happy Valentine's Day~And Every Day!


Always Love Gifts

"A pet is a good friend."

"A green plant gives love."

"The best gift is a hug, one size fits all, and no one minds it if it returned."

"Hand made gifts keep on giving, a hand written letter, a phone call, a quiet prayer all speak Love Unlimited"

*  "Love is a daily choice," Goldie Hawn



                                     Hand Made Lace from Ireland




Related Posts:  For the Love of Chocolate (Jan 2012), The Pink Blanket, and Healing Hearts (May 2011), In The Pink (Mar 2011) and Shine the Light (Jan 2011)


* 10 Mindful Minutes, book for all ages by Goldie Hawn, Actress and Author

10 Exercises for Well-Being, book by Thich Nhat Hanh

http://thepioneerwoman.com/ 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/   Pioneer Woman cooking series, Ree Drummond, Award Winning Author, Blogger, Mom

http://imaginehealing.info/ Joel P. Bowman and Rev. Debra Basham
http://dbasham.blogspot.com/  Debra's New Blog, Yellow Brick Road, Your Path to Heart and Health

dahlis.roy@gmail.com  Purchase paintings and prints, request free PDF E-Book, Silver Butterfly, Create  A Vision.


Photos:  Hearts of Love, and Emilie's Gift, Irish Lace photos by Dahlis Roy